Polkadoodles Challenge - Thank You

Good Morning and Happy New Year! Welcome to the first Polkadoodles challenge of the year as well. This one is a really easy one for you - make a thank you project! I'm sure you will need to make some thank you cards for all those lovely Christmas gifts you received if you celebrated it! i know I did!

Anyway here is my card using a hexagon shaped card base. I have to admit I really didn't think about how I was going to decorate these bases when I bought them from a craft fair in November; I just liked them as they were different, so it took lots of folding and trimming the patterned paper down to get the right-ish shape and size. I don't think it looks too bad though, but might try something different next time.

I used the adorable Winnie Sugar Sprinkles Just For You for this card as I thought a bouquet of flowers is always a lovely way to say thank you! I used patterned papers from the Winnie Wednesday Halloween Collection as well. I thought the colours in these ones went really well with the colours I used to colour the image and were ones I already had printed. 

This card is also for

Recipe:

Stamps: Winnie Sugar Sprinkles Just For You from Polkadoodles

Papers: Winnie Wednesday Hallowe'en Collection & Octavia Frosted Winter Collection both from Polkadoodles, Super Smooth Card from That Craft Place, White Card from stash, Card Base from Craft Fair

Inks: Copic Markers, Pearlescent chalks from Pebbles Ink

Accessories: Wisteria Wonder Ribbon (Retired) from Stampin' Up, Flowers & Stamens from Wild Orchid Crafts & eBay, medium Scalloped Border Die from Papertrey Ink, Icicle Glitter Glue from Dovecraft, Thank You Dies from Creative Dies

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20, R30
Hair - E33, E35, E37, E39
Dress - Y32, Y35, Y38, E31, E34, E33
Shoes - E31, E33, E35
Pink Flowers - RV32, RV34
Blue Flowers - BG01, BG02, BG05
Big Leaves - YG61, YG63, YG97
Small Leaves - YG05, YG09
Envelope - RV29, E41, E42
Bows - V22, V25, V28
Grass - G21, G24, G46, G85, G99

And that's all from me for this post folks! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop on over to the Polkadoodles Challenge blog and check out all the other fabulous creations from the DT and why not join in the fun whilst you are there too?!

7 comments:

  1. Super cute card, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card you have made here Vannessa which fits perfectly the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. I know what you mean about buying decorative card blanks and them proving a nightmare to decorate. I think more now before buying. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Guest Designer).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love your colouring - and the those beautiful flowers! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Colour Crazy Challenge - Vic, DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card, so pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. DT Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card and your colouring is amazing, I love your hair colour and the way you've coloured the grass. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card you have made here. I adore the sweet image and your gorgeous coloring! Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    ReplyDelete

All Things Magical and Mythical #120 Featuring Rainbow Fairy from Sweet November Stamps

Good morning and welcome to this week's All Things Magical and Mythical post. For today's card I have used the latest freebie digi ...